THAI StemLife Publications
1. Papadopoulos KI, Sutheesophon W, Manipalviratn S, Aw TC. Age and Genotype Dependent Erythropoietin (EPO) Protection in COVID-19. World J Stem Cells. Oct 26, 2021; 13(10): 1513-1529. Published online Oct 26, 2021. DOI: 10.4252/wjsc.v13.i10.1513 (Click)
2. Papadopoulos KI, Manipalviratn S, Aw T. Further Observations on Pregnancy Complications and COVID-19 Infection. JAMA Pediatr. Published online August 16, 2021. doi:10.1001/jamapediatrics.2021.2613 (Click)
3. Papadopoulos KI, Paisan M, Sutheesophon W, Turajane T. Mobilized Peripheral Blood Stem Cells are Pluripotent and Can be Safely Harvested and Stored for Cartilage Repair. Arthroscopy. 2021. Accepted
4. Papadopoulos KI, Paisan M, Sutheesophon W, Turajane T. Novel use of intra-articular granulocyte colony stimulating factor (hG-CSF) combined with activated autologous peripheral blood stem cells mobilized with systemic hG-CSF: safe and efficient in early osteoarthritis. Cartilage. 2021. doi: 10.1177/19476035211049562 (Click)
5. Papadopoulos KI, Sutheesophon W, Aw TC. Anti-SARS-CoV-2 Action of Fluvoxamine may be Mediated by Endothelial Nitric Oxide Synthase. Pharmacopsychiatry. 2021 Sep 23. doi: 10.1055/a-1641-0357. Epub ahead of print. PMID: 34555857. (Click)
6. Papadopoulos KI and Turajane T (2021) Commentary: Autologous Peripheral Blood Stem Cells (PBSC) are Safe and Effective in Knee Osteoarthritis. Front. Pharmacol. 12:652738. doi: 10.3389/fphar.2021.652738
7. Papadopoulos KI, Sutheesophon W, Manipalviratn S, Aw TC.
A Southeast Asian Perspective on the COVID-19 Pandemic: Hemoglobin E (HbE)-Trait Confers Resistance Against COVID-19. Med Sci Monit Basic Res. 2021 Jan 5;27:e929207. doi:
8. Tiewsiri K, Manipalviratn S, Suttisophon W, Vanichsetakul P, Thaijaroen P, Ketcharoon P, Bradley CK, McArthur SJ, Krutsawad W, Marshall JTA, and Papadopoulos KI. First Asian, single-center experience of blastocyst preimplantation genetic diagnosis with HLA matching in Thailand for the prevention of Thalassemia and subsequent successful curative hematopoietic stem cell transplantation of 12 affected siblings. BioMed Research International 2020 Article ID 5292090; (Click)
9. Tiewsiri K, Manipalviratn S, Suttisophon, W,Vanichsetakul P, Thaijaroen P, Ketcharoon P, Bradley CK, McArthur SJ, Krutsawad W, Marshall JTA, and Papadopoulos KI. First Asian, single-center experience of blastocyst preimplantation genetic diagnosis with HLA matching in Thailand for the prevention of Thalassemia and subsequent successful curative hematopoietic stem cell transplantation of 10 affected siblings. (Poster No 9 at Cord Blood Connect 2019); (Oral presentation at PSRM 2019). Stem Cells Transl Med. 2019 Sep; 8(Suppl Suppl 1): S13–S14. Published online 2019 Aug 28. (Click)
10. Khongkaew P, Wattanaarsakit P, Papadopoulos KI, Chaemsawang W. Antioxidant effects and in vitro cytotoxicity on human cancer cell lines of flavonoid-rich Flamboyant (Delonix regia (Bojer) Raf.) flower extract. Curr Pharm Biotechnol. 2020 Oct 29. doi:10.2174/1389201021666201029154746. Epub ahead of print.
11. Turajane T, Sriratanavudhi C, Saengsirinavin P, Chaweewannakorn U, Lappaiwong W, Aojanepong J. SAFETY AND CLINICAL EFFICACY OF PLATELET RICH GROWTH FACTORS (PRGF) IN MANAGING KNEE OSTEOARTHRITIS AFTER FAILED CONSERVATIVE TREATMENT: EVIDENCE FROM REAL PRACTICES. J Southeast Asian Med Res [Internet]. 2019 Jun.10 [cited 2019Aug.15];3(1):1-. Available from: (Click)
12. Chaemsawang W, Prasongchean W, Papadopoulos KI, Ritthidej G, Sukrong S, Wattanaarsakit P. The effect of okra (Abelmoschus esculentus (L.) Moench) seed extract on human cancer cell lines delivered in its native form and loaded in polymeric micelle. International Journal of Biomaterials, Volume 2019, Article ID 9404383, 13 pages; (Click)
13. Chaemsawang W, Prasongchean W, Papadopoulos KI, Sukrong S, Kao WJ, Wattanaarsakit P. Emulsion Cross-Linking Technique for Human Fibroblast Encapsulation. International Journal of Biomaterials; Volume 2018, Article ID 9317878, 6 pages (Click)
14. Turajane T, Chaveewanakorn U, Fongsarun W, Aojanepong J, Papadopoulos KI. Avoidance of Total Knee Arthroplasty in Early Osteoarthritis of the Knee with Intra-Articular Implantation of Autologous Activated Peripheral Blood Stem Cells versus Hyaluronic Acid: A Randomized Controlled Trial with Differential Effects of Growth Factor Addition. Stem Cells Int. 2017;2017:8925132. (Click)
15. W. Fongsarun, M. Paisan, K. Papadopoulos. Differential effect of prognostic factors in health and disease in Peripheral Blood Stem Cell (PBSC) mobilization and collection: A single-center/doctor experience in autologous harvest. THAI StemLife, Bangkok, Thailand. Cytotherapy 2017; 19(5): Supp. S75-S76 . DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jcyt.2017.02.117 (Click)
16. T Turajane, U Chaweewannakorn, J Aojanepong, W Fongsarun, K Papadopoulos. Avoidance of total knee arthroplasty in early osteoarthritis of the knee with intra-articular implantation of autologous activated peripheral blood stem cells versus hyaluronic acid: A randomized controlled trial with differential effects of growth factor addition. Cytotherapy 2017; 19(5): Supp. S228-S229. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jcyt.2017.02.324: (Click)
17. KI Papadopoulos, P Wattanaarsakit, W Prasongchean, R Narain. Gene therapies in clinical trials. 2016/1/1 (Book Chapter), Polymers and Nanomaterials for Gene Therapy: Pages 231-256. Woodhead Publishing. (Click)
18. Turajane T, Thitiset T, Honsawek S, Chaveewanakorn U, Aojanepong J, Papadopoulos KI. Assessment of chondrogenic differentiation potential of autologous activated peripheral blood stem cells on human early osteoarthritic cancellous tibial bone scaffold. Musculoskelet Surg. 2014 Jun;98(1):35-43. (Click) Epub 2013 Nov 1
19. Turajane T, Chaweewannakorn U, Larbpaiboonpong V, Aojanepong J, Thitiset T, Honsawek S, Fongsarun J, Papadopoulos KI. Combination of intra-articular autologous activated peripheral blood stem cells with growth factor addition/ preservation and hyaluronic acid in conjunction with arthroscopic microdrilling mesenchymal cell stimulation Improves quality of life and regenerates articular cartilage in early osteoarthritic knee disease. J Med Assoc Thai. 2013 May;96(5):580-8. (Click)
20. P. Vanichsetakul; S. Manipalviratn; K. Tiewsiri; J. Fongsarun; K. Papadopoulos. Successful stem cell transplantation for β-thalassemia child using cord blood from newborn sibling achieved by in-vitro fertilization, preimplantation genetic diagnosis and human leukocyte antigen matching methods: the first report from East Asia: R1487; (1) Wattanosoth Hospital, Bangkok Hospital Group (Bangkok, TH); (2) SUPERIOR A. R. T. (Bangkok, TH); (3) THAI STEMLIFE (Bangkok, TH). Bone Marrow Transplant 48, S519–S547 (2013). https://doi.org/10.1038/bmt.2013.28 (Click)
21. Juthatip Fongsarun, Maneerat Ekkapongpisit, Mantana Paisan, Siripen Chanthachorn and Konstantinos I Papadopoulos. Prevalence of transmissible viral disease in maternal blood samples of autologous umbilical cord blood in a private cord blood bank. Transplantation Technology 2013. (Click)
22. Papadopoulos KI, Low SS, Aw TC, Chantarojanasiri T. Safety and feasibility of autologous umbilical cord blood transfusion in 2 toddlers with cerebral palsy and the role of low dose granulocyte-colony stimulating factor injections. Restor Neurol Neurosci. 2011;29(1):17-22. (Click)
23. Kongsakon R, Papadopoulos KI, Saguansiritham R. Mirtazapine in amphetamine detoxification: a placebo-controlled pilot study. Int Clin Psychopharmacol. 2005 Sep;20(5):253-6. (Click)
24. Kostas I. Papadopoulos, Siripen Chuntachon, Mantana Paisan, Asaya Unkarunoong, Usanee Jetsawangsri, Jongjate Aojanepong. Demographics of 1000 consecutive umbilical cord blood collections: first Thai private cord blood banking experience. 2007: 21st Annual Royal College of Obstetrics and Gynaecology (21st RTOG).
25. Asaya Unkarunwong BS(MT), Siripen Chanthachorn MS, Mantana Paisan BS(MT), Juthatip Fongsaran MD, Kostas I. Papadopoulos, MD, PhD. Microbial contamination of the THAI StemLife Family Cord Blood Bank from 2005 to 2008. THAI StemLife, Bangkok, Thailand. 2008: 22nd Annual Royal College of Obstetrics and Gynaecology (22nd RTOG).
26. Kostas I Papadopoulos, S Chanthachorn, M Paisan, A Unkarunwong. Safety and Feasibility of Autologous Umbilical Cord Blod Stem Cell Intravenous Infusion in a toddler with Spastic Diplegia/Cerebral Palsy: A Case Report. 2008: 22nd Annual Royal College of Obstetrics and Gynaecology (22nd RTOG).
27. Mantana Paisan BS(MT), Asaya Unkarunwong BS(MT), Siripen Chanthachorn MS, Patcharin Sermphongsathien BS(MT), Juthatip Fongsarun MD and Kostas I. Papadopoulos, MD, PhD. Separation of Umbilical Cord Blood mononuclear cells using the automated closed separation system Sepax at THAI StemLife Family Cord Blood Bank, Bangkok, Thailand. THAI StemLife, Bangkok, Thailand. 2010: 24th Annual Royal College of Obstetrics and Gynaecology (24th RTOG).
28. Papadopoulos KI, Jatuvorapat J, Tanisaro K, Danpongchareon K, Buapradit P, Chantarojanasiri T. IMPLANTATION OF AUTOLOGOUS GRANULOCYTE COLONY STIMULATING FACTOR (G-CSF) MOBILIZED PERIPHERAL BLOOD STEM CELLS (PBSC) IN TREATING PERIPHERAL ARTERIAL DISEASE (PAD)-EFFECT OF DOSE AND METHOD OF ADMINISTRATION.
14th Annual Meeting of the Royal Thai Endocrine Society, Bangkok, Thailand.
2nd Annual STEM CELLS & REGENERATIVE MEDICINE EUROPE 2009 Conference.
4th World Congress on Regenerative Medicine, March 12-14, 2009, Bangkok, Thailand.
Regenerative Medicine by the New York Academy of Sciences, the Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences, and the Chinese Ministry of Health, May 15-16, 2009, Beijing, China.
Abstract and oral presentation at the 2nd International Congress on Responsible Stem Cell Research (RSCR), Monaco, 2009.
The 8th Asia-Pacific Burn Congress and the 3rd Congress of the Asian Wound Healing Association, BITEC, Bangkok, Thailand, 2011.
29. Papadopoulos KI. FTO and MC4R polymorphisms associated with obesity in a Thai Cohort. Submitted.